The Platts 6th Annual European Power Summit is an event for utilities, renewable energy companies and other key market stakeholders. The central discussion points focus on how to effectively tackle overcapacity, guarantee energy security, set tougher carbon-emission targets and make power greener
Topics of specific relevance to climate policy include:
- The key drivers of Europe’s energy future
- Examining new targets for the EU to reduce carbon dioxide emissions, raise efficiency and deploy renewables by 2030 – have they gone far enough; will they deliver harmonization?
- Dissecting the ever increasing role of efficiency targets for utilities and possible new business models
- Market coupling and capacity mechanisms: Regional harmonization - governance of renewable support schemes - appropriate backup in the grid
- Smart grids and storage under the microscope
- Investigating the latest renewable energy developments
The conference also covers the specific perspectives of the European Commission, regulators, utilities, renewables industry, and consultancies.