The Vienna Energy Forum 2015 (VEF 2015) will emphasize the multiple benefits of the post-2015 development and climate agendas and showcase the best practices and actions on the ground that can contribute to both agendas. Energy practitioners, policymakers and thought leaders will discuss the interconnections of sustainable energy and inclusive development in the areas of partnerships, finance, policy, technology, capacity building and knowledge management. Key discussion questions for the event include:
- What are the main benefits of sustainable energy to inclusive development and productive capacities?
- What are the main drivers of the increasing energy demand across sectors and how can these be addressed in an integrated way?
- How can we strengthen the potential of sustainable energy so that it results in concrete actions supporting the Post-2015 Development and the Climate Agenda?
- What are the areas of greatest potential in energy efficiency, and what can be done to accelerate action and investment in energy efficiency, the ‘hidden fuel’ that has some of the most promising prospects to advance the goals of climate security and sustainable growth?
- Which innovative financing mechanisms can we use to promote renewable energy systems? How do we scale up investments in renewable energy technologies to meet the SE4ALL goals?
- How do we energize multi-stakeholder partnerships, private sector involvement and regional cooperation to promote sustainable energy for all?
- How can the nexus perspective be operationalized to support integrated approaches to energy, water, food, ecosystems and human health?